Health Wellness Tips
Raw food enthusiasts believe it has numerous benefits for health, including increased energy, improved skin appearance, better digestion, weight loss and a reduced risk of heart disease. Organic food diets contain fewer trans fats and saturated fats than typical diets. Also, they are low in Sodium and high in Potassium, Magnesium, Folate, Fiber and health promoting plant chemicals called Phyto-chemicals. Due to these properties, the consumption of raw fooddiets is associated with a reduced incidence of diseases like heart disease, diabetes and cancer. Raw foods also lower plasma total cholesterol and triglyceride concentrations. Proponents of raw food diets advocate that at least 75% of the diet must be living or raw.
Organic foods are foods that are produced naturally, without the use of any inorganic nutrients or pesticides. Only organic nutrients and pesticides are permitted and strict regulations are adhered to. Organic produce is more likely to contain higher level of nutrients and less pesticide residues.Organic raw foods that are recommended for consumption in raw food diets are fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts, seeds, beans, grains, legumes, dried fruit, seaweed, unprocessed organic or natural foods, fresh fruit and vegetable juices, young coconut milk, raw milk, raw milk cheese, raw milk yogurt, eggs, purified water and also raw fish and meat. Raw food diet specific cooking methods make foods more digestible and add variety to the diet. Techniques such as sprouting seeds, grains and beans, juicing fruits and vegetables, soaking nuts and dried food, blending and food dehydratation add variety and flavor to raw food diets.
Many organic food stores can be found on the internet. A wide variety of organic raw foods can be purchased from these online stores. Different stores specialize in different raw food products. Apart from good quality raw foods, an organic raw foods online store can offer information on raw food diets, lifestyle and kitchen gear.
Organic goji berries help in various bodily chemical processes. They are significantly beneficial to the nervous system and its functioning. Goji berries also improve the body's blood circulation. Tibetan goji berries are very high in anti-oxidants and are said to be honored as a longevity food till this day. Tibetan goji berries are known as "Super Foods" and are much in demand by those who like to lead a healthy lifestyle and by those who wish to receive its anti-ageing and weight loss properties.
Cooking often deteriorates the nutritional value of foods by leading to a loss of vital nutrients and enzymes. Heat tends to change the very composition of fat, protein and carbohydrates. A raw foods diet consists of unprocessed vegan foods that have not been heated above 115 degrees Fahrenheit. Raw food enthusiasts believe that foods cooked above this temperature loose their enzymes, and thus a significant amount of their nutritional value. Uncooked foods however provide living enzymes and proper nutrition. Proponents of raw food diets claim that there are many benefits to consuming raw foods, such as weight loss, improved digestion, increased energy, clear skin and an overall improvement in health. Many people eat a high percentage of raw food in their diet, about 75%. Although most enthusiasts follow a raw vegan diet, some include unprocessed dairy products in their diet. Typically, a raw food diet includes all raw fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds, sprouts, roots, herbs, raw spices and seaweeds. Fresh fruit and vegetable juices are also included. Many raw food recipes such as salads and fresh fruit require little or no cooking, while others may require lots of processing and preparation.
Organic foods are high quality foods that are produced with minimal use ofchemical fertilizers, pesticides, growth hormones or antibiotics.Organic raw foods are nutritious and easier to digest than cooked or processed foods. Organic raw food is pure and unaltered, and contains no free radicals. Organic raw foods promote a healthy digestive tract, increase intestinal flora and alleviate digestive disorders.
A wide variety of organic raw foods can be conveniently purchased online. Organic raw foods onlinegreatly facilitate the purchase of organic raw food. A great number of such stores are available online. Many of them offer discounts and bargains.
Anorganic raw foods online store typically offers health education on vegetarianism, in addition to raw, vegan, organic foods and health products such as food bars, raw olives, spirulina, coconut, bee polen, goji berries, raw organic cacao, Sea vegetables and many others.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/desserts-articles/raw-food-eat-well-to-live-well-3774082.html
About the Author
Raw Food, Organic food, Organic seeds, Raw Anti Aging products, Raw Cacao Nibs, Organic Cacao, goji berry, raw dried food, energy supplement
Photo by: Green Is Sexy
Saturday, December 4, 2010
Friday, December 3, 2010
Are you having heart burns, chest pains, abdominal pains, and acid reflux some time?
Or are have you been experiencing this condition for a long time and you don’t know what to do? Then you may have a digestive problem, especially, in your refluxes.
Gastroesophageal reflux disease, also known as GERD or acid reflux, is a back flow of gastric or duodenal contents into the esophagus which may result to mucosal damage due to altered reflux of stomach acid.
Acid reflux mechanism in our body is normal for both adults and children; however excessive reflux may occur because of incompetent lower esophageal sphincter, lower esophageal sphincter relaxation, infantile hypertrophic pyloric stenosis, or a mortality disorder.
Signs and symptoms are:
• Chest pain
• Excessive salivation
• Burning sensation in the esophagus.
• Difficulty swallowing
• Pain on swallowing
• The symptoms may mimic those of a heart attack
Gastroesophageal reflux disease can lead to complications if it’s untreated:
• Ulcer – breaks the lining of the esophagus which occurs in the inflamed area which may irritate the affected area and destroy the esopahgeal blood vessels which can result in esopahgeal bleeding.
• Strictures – these are scar formations, also known as fibrosis, that result in ulcers that heal in the esphagus. These scar tissues decrease and compress the inner cavity of the esophagus which may lead to clogging of foods once it becomes severe. In this condition it is required to remove the clogged foods by an endoscopic removal procedure.
• Barrett's esophagus – is a chronic GERD condition that may result to cancer. This is the worse condition and needs further and thorough medical attention.
GERD can be treated using natural remedies that can be found in our garden and in our kitchen. Natural remedies can be used on case to case basis of patients. If his condition is severe, then he needs further medical management. Here are some of the most wonderful nature’s gifts that can help lessen your burden.
• Glutamine – studies shows that this has antibacterial properties that decrease intestinal inflammation accompanied with by acid reflux. Also, it has cleansing properties that sometimes can be used to help in the recovery after abdominal surgery.
It can be found in meat like beef, chicken, fish and in veggies like cabbage,
Spinach, and parsley.
• Aloe vera – one of the wonderful herbal plants that can treat ailments. It is used as remedy for stomach upset, diarrhea and inflammation accompanied with intestinal diseases like ulcerative colitis. It is also used to treat cuts and rashes.
• Sodium bicarbonate – also known as baking soda. Mostly, we only know that it is used for cooking and to in killing bad odors in our fridge, but it can also aid with our tummy aches. It is used to aid heartburn. It is not recommend for people who have high blood pressure or who have sodium-restricted diets.
Also here some preventive measures for GERD to help alleviate your condition:
• Have a low fat diet – avoid fatty and spicy. These can trigger the production of more acid in your stomach; thus it can worsen your condition.
• Avoid heavy meals
• Avoid eating or drinking before bedtime
• Avoid caffeine, beer, and any carbonated beverages.
• Maintain body weight
• Avoid tight-fitting clothes
• Quit smoking
• Consult your doctor
Photo by: Health
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Bitter Melon, with scientific name Momordica charantia, is one of the most wonderful natures gifts in the world because of its usage and its properties. It can be use in culinary and in medical use — which has great health benefits that helps lessen our burden in our ailments, like diabetes, dyspepsia, constipation and other minor diseases. It comes in different names depends on which they came from, in China is known as bitter gourd, goya in Japan, karela/karalla in India, cerasee or cerasse in Caribbean and South America, ampalaya in the Philippines, and other common names bitter apple, bitter cucumber. It’s commonly found in Southeast Asian Countries, Africa, and the Caribbean. The origin place of the bitter melon is not yet known, though it can be found in some countries but the original home has not yet been identified.
Bitter Melon belongs to Cucurbitaceae family, a tropical and subtropical vine which has a heart shaped leaves. The fruit has an oblong shape, rough, shinny, freshly green and pointed ends appearance. The sizes, varies on how they are taken care of. It's good source of vitamins A, B, C, E and K iron, folic acid, phosphorous and calcium. It has a doubled amount of beta carotene in broccoli and doubled calcium content compared to spinach. It has a bitter taste, a distinguishing factor from the rest of the fruits with medicinal value, and this is due to the presence of a substance known as momorcidin.
Here are some natural health benefits and health wellness tips about bitter melon:
· It is antipyretic tonic, appetite stimulant, laxative, and has antibacterial properties. It also enhances our immune system that helps our body fight's from bacteria and viruses that causes diseases, especially in cancer. Also, bitter melon is a good source of antioxidant, which contains a high amount of antioxidant.
· Blood disorder – Bitter melon has tonic properties that can purify blood. It can help in boils, itching and other related problems that occur in the skins. For a recipe remedy, one glass of bitter melon pure juice with a teaspoon of lemon juice. Drink it twice a day morning and evening, after meals.
· Metabolic disorder– diabetes is one of the metabolic disorders characterized by abnormal amount of high blood sugar (glucose) levels, which resulted from inadequate insulin action and secretion. There are three types of diabetes, Type one—Juvenile Diabetes, an insulin dependent. Type two—Diabetes Mellitus, non insulin dependent which is the most common and more controllable type of diabetes. Type three—Gestational diabetes which usually happens during pregnancy.
Bitter melon is an excellent remedy for diabetes, it has a mixture of flavonoids and alkaloids make the pancreas produce more insulin that lowers blood sugar effect. It has an adaptogenic property also, which also helps in the delaying the occurrence of cataracts, the one of the complications of diabetes and relief in neurological, and other common symptoms of diabetes.
Bitter melon should be included in diabetic diet—High protein, High fiber, Low carbohydrate, Low salt diet. Seeds can be also, added into foods in a powdered form.
· Respiratory Disorder – in ancient times, bitter melon plant roots are used in remedy of common respiratory ailments like colds, cough, asthma, bronchitis, pharyngitis, and rhinitis related to sudden change of weather, allergies, lifestyle, and environment. A teaspoonful of root paste mixed with a teaspoonful of basil juice or honey. It should be taken every night after meal.
· Before you engaged using any herbal remedies always consult a doctor. Herbal remedies have different properties to over-the-counter drugs or prescribe drugs which are can altered the effects of the drugs that you’ve taking with which can lead to fatal complications.
· Diabetics should not use together with bitter melon and prescribe hypoglycemic drugs or insulin. Also, for people who are suffering of hypoglycaemic condition, avoid using it. Thus, this can lead to coma and even death. Always ask your doctor before using.
· For people who have history in ulcers, hyperacidity and sensitive stomach. It can aggravate the disease. It is discourage for people who have these type kind of condition.
· For pregnant women, it should be avoided using bitter melon. It can cause uterine contraction that leads to abortion.
Photo by: Atlanta-Acupuncture
Photo by: Atlanta-Acupuncture